Should you resume (or begin) developing a skill? Absolutely! Have you tried doing it on Zoom? It’s different, that’s for sure, but here are a few reasons why a Zoom lesson is the perfect thing for you right now:
- It gets you out of your chair
- This may sound trivial, but your body (particularly your lower back) will thank you
- Movement boosts endorphins
- …and endorphins make you happy!
- Learning a skill gets you thinking in a different way
- Right now, it’s easy for each day to feel much like the last. A “Groundhog’s Day” kind of experience. Learning a new skill gets you out of that loop.
- Do it in your pjs (or sweats, or whatever you want)
- Maybe the thought of being seen in your pjs is horrifying, but Zoom gives you the freedom and luxury to wear anything you choose
- No commute
- Much like working remotely or video calls with friends and family, you don’t have to worry about travel time, making it easier to fit into your day
- Have something exciting to look forward to each week
- Given the lack of social options available right now, a lesson is something to break up your weekly schedule and allows you the opportunity of connecting with someone else
As much as we love ballroom dancing, the reality is that any new skill gets a thumbs up from us. So, if you’re interested in ballroom and Latin styles of dancing, be sure to contact us. If not, find something that motivates you and see if there are virtual learning opportunities available. The important part is mixing it up and trying it remotely. The worst that’ll happen? You spend some time building your repertoire of skills. Sky’s the limit from there.